torstai 28. heinäkuuta 2011

Remember BP's Tony Hayward? He's trying to get his life back in northern Minnesota

I kept thinking, "I'm too old for this!" A couple of days ago, I was carrying an 18-foot, 6-inch canoe across the Horse Portage around Upper Basswood Falls. The map says it is a mile long. I'm at the halfway point and I'm certain I've carried this beast 10 or 15 miles. Thank goodness there are trees with limbs I can rest the canoe on. I'm also thankful that I have along my sons-in-law, Manny and Matt, who end up carrying the canoe the rest of the way, plus the packs, and if they really wanted me to like them, they would offer to carry me. They offered. I demurred, only because I didn't want anyone to see such a sight.

Despite it all, the BWCA and the north country of Minnesota are such wonders of overwhelming beauty and peace that no matter how troublesome one's existence, folks can get their lives back.

Wait a minute! Wasn't that what British Petroleum's Tony Hayward said to the press as he surveyed the ruin caused by the Deepwater Horizon explosion and the largest oil spill in U.S. history? Tony just wanted his life back. Gaffes like that ended his leadership of BP. So they gave him about $4 million to go away. Maybe he will end up in Minnesota's north country. You think I'm kidding? Read on.
Jatka lukemista: http://www.minnpost.com/donshelby/2011/07/26/30314/remember_bps_tony_hayward_hes_trying_to_get_his_life_back_in_northern_minnesota

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti